Introduction to Project Management and PMBOK® Guide-Sixth Edition
The Introduction to Project Management and PMBOK® Guide-Sixth Edition course describes what projects are, and how they are part of every day life. It looks at the main components of a project and how they can be broken down.
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to develop an understanding of project management principles aligned to the PMBOK® Guide-Sixth Edition.
- After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the main differences between projects and other types of undertakings and the relationship between portfolios, programs, and projects
- Identify and understand how projects are managed within organizations
- Outline the competencies and skills required by project managers to effectively fulfill the role
- Identify organizational influences on projects, how and what the extent of their influence is, and distinguish between different organizational structures
- Categorize the separate groups of project stakeholders which may be involved in projects and the type of influence they can bring to bear
- Label and sequence the project life cycle, phases, and what approach is best for your project
- Identify project management process groups and knowledge areas and the purpose they serve
Project Management Overview and Introduction to the PMBOK® Guide - Sixth Edition
What is a Project?
Project Management Within an Organization
The Role of the Project Manager
The Project Life Cycle
Organizational Influences on Projects
Project Stakeholders and the Project Team
Project Life Cycles
Project Management Processes
PMBOK® Guide-Sixth Edition Processes for Project Management
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at 770-872-4278